After 40 years of legalized abortion in America, it's FINALLY time...
40 Days for Life: The groundbreaking
pro-life campaign that GETS RESULTS!
pro-life campaign that GETS RESULTS!
- Save lives from abortion ...
- Protect women and men ...
- Provide healing to the wounded ...
- Mobilize the Body of Christ in your town ...
- IN JUST 40 DAYS!
If you already know you're ready to apply for the 40 Days for Life campaign that runs from February 13 - March 24 ... GO!
If you're still discerning your role ... read on!
If you, and others in your community, are ready to...
- Heed God's call to speak up for those that cannot speak for themselves ...
- Take courageous action to save the lives of innocent children in the womb ...
- Protect women -- and men -- from making a terrible decision that they'll regret for a lifetime ...
- Help those who have been hurt by abortion to find healing and forgiveness ...
- Turn the tide against abortion right where you live ...
...Then this could be the most important message you've ever read.
Go lock the door, take the phone off the hook, turn off your e-mail, grab your favorite hot beverage, and study every single word of this letter. It's THAT important.
In America alone, a nation that was founded on an unalienable right to life, endowed by our Creator, more than 1,200,000 innocent children are killed by abortion in the United States alone each year.
However, it's not only children that are affected...
- Millions of women have been wounded by abortion -- some physically, and many more emotionally and spiritually -- and fathers who have lost children to abortion have been shoved to the sidelines, abandoned to lives of regret.
- Our children have been sold a lie about so-called sexual freedom without being adequately warned about the long-term consequences of promiscuity and sin. As a result, teenage pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases have reached alarming levels.
- The national media has overwhelmingly taken a position in favor of abortion, saturating the airwaves and print publications with biased information, and portraying pro-life Christians in a negative light.
- Many Christian churches have fallen silent about abortion, and many followers of Jesus Christ have become apathetic or indifferent, failing to "speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves."
Clearly, our culture has turned away from God. This may seem like cause for despair, but scripture reminds us...
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14
- 2 Chronicles 7:14
A proven solution...
There is reason to have great hope. And that hope is found in a simple -- but highly effective -- pro-life campaign known as 40 Days for Life.
Starting in 2004, communities quietly began to conduct the 40 Days for Life campaign, one after another. In the fall of 2007, more than 80 communities held 40 Days for Life campaigns simultaneously. Ten more coordinated campaigns have followed.
To date, 2,210 campaigns have been conducted in 487 cities across all 50 American states -- plus communities in Canada, Australia, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Argentina, Armenia, Belize, Denmark, Georgia, Germany, Poland, Puerto Rico, Spain and Uganda. These campaigns have created a track record of extraordinary life-saving results:
- More than 550,000 people of faith and conscience have joined together to pray and fast for an end to abortion
- 6,749 children have been saved from abortion
- Hundreds of women - and men - have been spared from the pain and regret of abortion
- Those with abortion experiences in their past have found healing
- 25 abortion facilities have gone out of business following 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Other abortion facilities have experienced sharp setbacks, cutting back hours and closing down for days at a time
- 75 abortion workers have quit their jobs due to 40 Days for Life efforts, including Abby Johnson, director of the Planned Parenthood abortion facility in the city where 40 Days for Life first began
- Media outlets have given the pro-life position prominent coverage with more than 2,500 news stories
- Churches have been activated and united for life
- New people have been recruited, educated, and mobilized
- People have turned back to God with renewed hope
40 Days for Life requires lots of prayer, hard work, and personal sacrifice, but the campaign is actually quite simple.
Components of 40 Days for Life...
One of the strengths of the 40 Days for Life campaign is its simplicity. Your community can make a tremendous impact by implementing three basic components...
1. Prayer and Fasting
Want to end abortion? First you pray.
Prayer is at the center of 40 Days for Life. During the campaign, we are calling on prayer warriors to fall on their knees before the Lord, asking Him to hear our plea and heal our land. Pray outside an abortion facility. Pray at church. Pray at work. Pray in the car. Pray at home with your family. Pray!
People of faith are also invited to fast throughout 40 Days for Life.
Christ said there are demons that can only be driven out by prayer and fasting. A fast is not a Christian diet; it is a powerful means of drawing closer to God by blocking out distractions. Fast from food. Fast from television. Fast from excess time in front of a computer. Fast from apathy and indifference. Fast from whatever it is that separates you from God.
We believe that when God's people fast with a broken, repentant, and contrite spirit, our heavenly Father will hear from heaven and heal our lives, our churches, our communities, our nation, and our world.
2. Peaceful vigil
The visible, public centerpiece of 40 Days for Life is a 40-day, round-the-clock prayer vigil outside a Planned Parenthood center or other abortion facility in your community.
It is a peaceful and educational presence, and this 24-hour-a-day presence sends a powerful message to the community about the tragic reality of abortion. It also serves as a call to repentance for those who work at the abortion center and those who patronize the facility.
If you do not have an abortion facility or Planned Parenthood office in your town, you can still conduct 40 Days for Life. However, you will need to select a different location with some strategic significance -- perhaps near city hall, a courthouse, or a highly visible intersection.
Does your vigil have to be 24-hours a day?
No, that is not required. We do, however, encourage you to prayerfully consider this question. Those communities that have conducted a round-the-clock vigil reported amazing blessings from their additional sacrifice.
The hours are completely up to you and others planning your local 40 Days for Life campaign, as long as you commit to try and fill a minimum of 12 hours a day ... at one specific facility ... for each of the 40 days -- one location only because that's how the campaign has experienced its most profound impacts.
3. Community outreach
During 40 Days for Life, you have a great opportunity to take the pro-life message to every corner of your community.
Church involvement begins by meeting with local pastors, other church leaders, and members of different congregations. The Body of Christ is invited to pray together and participate in 40 Days for Life, uniting in one focused mission that can save lives and make an eternal impact.
Media outreach is conducted through carefully targeted news stories, talk shows, editorials, and letters to the editor. This enables you to get the pro-life message out to many people who would never see the inside of a local church.
If your community has a college campus, many students can be impacted through an intense 40-day campus outreach. This can consist of flyer raids, sidewalk chalking, petition drives, table displays, and much more.
A door-to-door petition and education drive can be implemented to reach out to every household in your town or city. During this time, informational flyers are distributed in neighborhoods to raise awareness about the local crisis of abortion. Citizens are invited to sign a petition of support for the sanctity of human life, and people are given the opportunity to visibly show their support for 40 Days for Life by wearing wristbands, placing signs in their yards, or displaying bumper stickers on their vehicles.
These activities can help a community rapidly identify hundreds, or even thousands, of pro-life supporters during the 40 days. These people can then be encouraged to get involved in additional local pro-life efforts during and after your campaign.
Benefits for your community...
By implementing the three components of prayer and fasting, constant vigil, and community outreach, your city or town could:
- Reduce abortion rates -- by 15% ... 20% ... 25% ... or more!
- Recruit and mobilize hundreds -- even thousands -- of new people into effective, life-saving efforts
- Lead post-abortive women -- and men -- into proven and effective healing programs
- Develop dynamic new leaders to increase the future impact of pro-life efforts
- Bring churches together in an historic display of Christian unity and action
- Generate enormous buzz by getting prominent pro-life news coverage -- even from biased media outlets
- Increase local financial support for pro-life efforts
- Make the sanctity of human life a crucial issue in local, state and even national elections
These are bold claims, however these results (and many more) have actualy been accomplished in other communities.
Don't just take our word for it...
Here are actual testimonials from a few of the communities that have completed 40 Days for Life campaigns.
This short audio recording features nine local 40 Days for Life leaders sharing how God blessed their community as a result of this focused pro-life initiative. These are ordinary people with extraordinary faith and courage who were exactly where you are at this time last year — praying about what God wanted them to do.
They are from Indiana, Florida, Alabama, New York, Connecticut, California, Louisiana — even Canada. They took a leap of faith and stepped up to lead local 40 Days for Life campaigns. And now you can hear — straight from them — what happened as a result.
Listen to the audio online (click arrow to start):
Download MP3 (right-click to save to your computer):
Need more? Here are reports
from several successful local
40 Days for Life campaigns:
By all accounts, this was our most successful campaign to date. We had volunteers who were able to devote considerable time and energy to the cause, and it paid off. We achieved our goal of continuous coverage for all 40 days. The campaign re-energized the local pro-life movement, and it also boosted the morale of the pregnancy resource center workers.
The biggest blessings were on OUR side of the clinic wall - people learning about the church, growing closer to our Lord, learning to pray more often, witnessing the love brought here by true follow-ers of Christ.
It was a blessing to have a front row seat to watch the Holy Spirit in action. Knowing that this started out as an inspiration from one person on our team - and ending up with signs and stories all over town - was truly amazing. Just the number of people jump-ing on board or just showing up at the site was humbling. So much happened that we, in our weakness, knew we couldn't have created it on our own. Our Lord made it a great success.
Babies who were saved from abortion last fall were born this spring, including one who had been considered "incompatible with life." But she is thriving! Many people came to pray at the vigil for the very first time during this campaign, from churches that had not participated in 40 Days for Life previously.
Greenland, New Hampshire:
Having five churches each take on filling the vigil hours of the 40 Days for Life campaign was a major help, as was having members of the clergy lead vigil hours in prayer. It was so powerful to see them stand up publicly for life! Many first-timers felt led to come out and pray a vigil hour as a result of their church's participation.
With each new campaign, new people continue to come on board. It was a blessing to see the joy on the face of the church coordina-tor who was present when two babies were saved on the same day. That church is located more than 40 miles away, so the members got to see the fruits of their sacrifice.
We had a dream campaign team this time; we had every day of the campaign spoken for before we even officially announced it - people came from all over! There are more stories about the works of the Holy Spirit than we can begin to share, as we were actually seeing God's hand working through the people who got involved. At least one-third of the participants were new people who had never taken part in 40 Days for Life before.
Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia:
The blessings are almost too numerous to count: Getting infor-mation about abortion into the hands of so many children and teenagers, who now say they will never have abortions; getting our message about healing after abortion to many women and men suffering from their abortion experiences; getting churches to work together that have never worked together before.
Albuquerque, New Mexico:
This was the largest campaign we have had yet! We had many more participants, many more pastors getting involved and pro-moting the campaign, and many more babies saved. The local Planned Parenthood just put up a fence outside their building - that really shows how effective we were!
We had a public presence in a very busy urban neighborhood. We really saw God provide, as people came forward to cover all the hours of a 24-hour vigil. Many had not participated in pro-life ministry outside an abortion clinic before - including many young adults and students. The nearby cathedral covered a day, and they had never been officially involved in 40 Days for Life before.
Our greatest blessing was speaking to so many young people, since the venue for the vigil was also right in front of an expensive private school. We were also blessed by personal encounters with individual members of the public, and also by seeing - for the very first time - my faith community, young and old alike, catch fire over this issue.
We received many, many more powerful testimonials, but these should help you to see that God is clearly at work -- through His people -- in amazing ways!
To see what nationally respected leaders are saying about 40 Days for Life, click here.
Momentum is building and building...
Following the enormous success of eleven international 40 Days for Life campaigns, many additional communities have expressed a desire to conduct a 40 Days for Life campaign in 2011.
It is clear that more 40 Days for Life campaigns are being called for.
As a result, the next coordinated 40 Days for Life campaign will be held from February 13 - March 24.
Some pro-life leaders are saying that -- with God's help -- 40 Days for Life could help to mark the beginning of the end of abortion.
Now here's the question for you...
Should your community participate?
We can't answer that question for you ... but God can.
If you haven't already, begin to pray about your involvement. Talk with others in your community and evaluate their level of interest. Review all of the materials available on this site. Form a core team to pray and plan for your campaign.
But do it quickly, because it's time to make a decision!
From February 13 - March 24, widespread communities will be joining together to fervently seek God's will and work tirelessly to end abortion.
The campaign application period closes on Thursday, January 10, to ensure that all participating cities have the needed time for training and preparation to kick-off a successful campaign.
Here's the question for you:
Will you be on the front lines, making a lifesaving impact on your community and our nation?
Or will you simply be sitting on the sidelines, watching others write the pages of history?
The very fact that you've made it this far leads us to believe that you DO have an important role in this this monumental initiative.
And you'll have lots of help.
What you'll be getting...
By applying for 40 Days for Life, you will be given all the help, resources, and training you need -- exactly when you need it -- to successfully plan and implement your local campaign. (We've learned from previous campaigns what should happen when.)
You will have national experts and leaders working side by side with you every step of the way, and we promise not to dump everything on you right at the very beginning (or you'd probably go into information overload! :-)
#1: Training modules
Everything will be broken down into step-by-step modules that guide you through the advance planning and continuing all the way through the 40 days.
Modules will consist of:
- Comprehensive video training sessions delivered online with presentations detailing exactly what you and your team need to be working on. These modules are the foundation of your 40 Days for Life training.
- Printable training guides that may be downloaded from the internet; it will build upon the content delivered during each training module.
- Implementation tools including checklists, to-do items, calendars and forms relevant to where you are in the campaign, all delivered online.
- Resource templates for materials needed at each stage of the campaign, delivered to you from the 40 Days for Life web site.
- Planning tips for your key events -- the Kickoff Rally, the Midpoint Rally and your Victory Celebration.
- Supplemental items including suggested reading, videos, audios, all delivered online for your convenience.
We've done everything possible to streamline this into a very simple process for you.
The bottom line: if you have a computer -- and you can follow simple step-by-step instructions -- you will be able to conduct a successful 40 Days for Life campaign in your town.
#2: Online campaign headquarters
In addition to the training modules, once your application is accepted, you will be given IMMEDIATE ACCESS to a private web-based forum set up for the exclusive use of communities conducting 40 Days for Life.
This forum will continue to grow and develop throughout the campaign, and will be the central hub of information where you will be able to...
- Download campaign materials, tools, training and templates for every aspect of your campaign
- Communicate with people in other communities who are participating in the nationwide 40 Days for Life campaign
- Get help when questions and challenges come up
- Offer assistance to others
- Share new ideas and best practices
#3: E-mail coaching and updates for your leaders
All local leaders of your 40 Days for Life campaign will receive exclusive updates, coaching tips, and breaking news from the national campaign headquarters by way of e-mail, enabling rapid and consistent communication.
#4: Resource templates
You will be given access to web-based templates for just about everything you could possibly need ... including editable, downloadable samples of:
- Promotional literature including posters, flyers, information sheets, bulletin inserts and pulpit announcements
- 40 Days for Life signs including yard signs for community awareness and signs for use during your vigil
- Optional promotional items including templates for T-shirts, wristbands and bumper stickers
- Community outreach petitions including templates for a quarter sheet card and a full sheet
- Professional graphic files of the trademarked 40 Days for Life logo for you to use on your own, customized materials
Each template will be fully customizable so you can adjust the item to fit your local campaign. All templates will be delivered digitally to you on the internet to reduce expense and to make them readily available when you need them.
#5: Media and public relations assistance
To help generate local media coverage around your 40 Days for Life efforts, at different times throughout the campaign you will be given access to online:
- News release templates that can be customized with the specifics of your local campaign
- Sample talking points to help you stay organized and focused in any communication with media outlets
- Coaching on media skills including identifying local media outlets, preparing and sending a press release, responding to news inquiries, handling media interviews, and the power of the opinion page
#6: A local campaign web presence
Shortly after the application period ends, you will be able to set up a special, customizable local web presence on the 40 Days for Life web site, making it easy to get local people involved in your efforts.
Even if you've never set up a web page before, your easy-to-use online interface will make it simple to add, edit and update content on this dedicated section of the 40 Days for Life web site.
The professional graphic design of this page will convey professionalism to people in your community, and will be consistent with the look of the national 40 Days for Life branding.
All contact information for the people who sign your online petition or request updates through your web presence will be provided to you so you can keep in touch with them and involve them in your local pro-life efforts before, during, and after 40 Days for Life.
How your community
can apply to participate...
can apply to participate...
If you were to conduct a campaign like this completely on your own, the cost for everything we're providing could run you several thousand dollars. (We know from experience that the first 40 Days for Life cost nearly $15,000 to put together.)
By consolidating efforts -- and due to the incredible generosity of a few donors -- we are thrilled to be able to provide your community everything mentioned above for a very modest amount.
Even though the cost for the national team to support each local campaign is more than $500 per site, the registration fee for each location wanting to conduct a 40 Days for Life campaign is still only $197. That includes EVERYTHING listed in the section above!
Your application can be easily completed online today with any major credit card, or you can print out the application form and mail it with your payment.
But HURRY -- because the deadline for your application is Thursday, January 10, at midnight local time.
Also keep in mind that here will be other costs tied to your campaign for events, vigil supplies, printing, promotion, mailings, phone calls, etc. These costs can vary by community, from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars, depending on how ambitious you decide to make your campaign.
However, raising funds for this project can actually be a great blessing as you watch God provide for the campaign's needs.
Several communities that conducted 40 Days for Life reported great success in offseting their campaign costs through...
- Organization growth: several communities experienced a significant increase in pro-life funding before, during and after 40 Days for Life. Supporters are excited to get behind something that is making a visible impact. This increase will often offset campaign costs in part or full.
- Shared cost: several churches or organizations can go in together and share the campaign costs.
- Special offering: events can be a great opportunity for people to share the blessings they've received during 40 Days for Life.
- Sponsorship: Consider inviting key individuals, organizations, or business to underwrite some or all of your campaign costs.
However you choose to offset the costs of 40 Days for Life, all funds raised before and during your campaign will stay right where they are needed the most -- in your community.
If God is moving your heart to involve your community in this history-making campaign, we believe that He will provide you exactly what you need when you need it.
If you have prayed about this, discussed it with your family, talked with others in your community to begin forming a core team, and taken the time to review this information, then your community is ready.
Select one person to complete this application process to avoid duplication (but don't worry -- if we find overlap or duplicates later, we'll sort it all out and credit back any extra registration fees) and let's start making history.
Our personal guarantee to you...
We don't want any community to sign up and then fail. That doesn't do you any good, and it certainly doesn't do anything to help the pro-life cause.
If your community feels called to participate in 40 Days for Life, go ahead and register today at NO RISK whatsoever. If for any reason, by the end of 30 days, you honestly feel we didn't deliver on what was promised -- or if things just aren't coming together in your community -- ask for a full 100% refund. We'll happily oblige.
You see, we're THAT confident that nothing out there comes CLOSE to the results you'll generate by doing a 40 Days for Life campaign.
This "make sure you're happy" guarantee is our way of taking ANY worry off your shoulders about making this important decision.
If you're ready to end abortion...
Now is the time to speak up for those that cannot speak for themselves by completing the application for your community to participate in the February 13 - March 24 coordinated 40 Days for Life campaign.
Fill out your application now. It will be reviewed immediately and you will be notified of your official acceptance as soon as possible
Take the first step by clicking the button below to begin the easy application process.
* But HURRY... the application deadline
is Thursday, January 10 *
is Thursday, January 10 *