“I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.”
These words spoken more than 2,000 years ago by the angel of the Lord to the shepherds tending their flocks remind us that when God chose to come to Earth in human flesh, He did so through the womb of a mother.
During this Christmas season, we give thanks for the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ … and we count the many blessings God has showered on 40 Days for Life through your prayers and efforts:
- 1,633 individual campaigns have taken place in 422 cities across all 50 American states and 13 countries
- More than 500,000 people have joined together in an historic display of unity to pray and fast for an end to abortion
- More than 14,000 church congregations have participated in the 40 Days for Life campaigns
- More than 1,800 news stories have been featured in newspapers, magazines, radio shows and TV programs
- Reports document 5,045 lives spared from abortion — and those are just the ones we know about
- Thousands of women and men have been spared from the tragic effects of abortion, and many have stepped forward to begin post-abortion healing and recovery
- 61 abortion workers have quit their jobs and walked away from the abortion industry
- 19 abortion facilities have shut down following local 40 Days for Life campaigns outside their doors
On behalf of my family — and the families of Shawn Carney, David Brandao, Lauren Muzyka and Chantel Poisel (our national team) — THANK YOU for all you have done to help make such a profound impact on our world.
As we prepare for the new year of 2012, let’s rededicate ourselves to protecting every child made in God’s image and likeness.
40 Days for Life
PS: We’ve received inquiries about whether 40 Days for Life is a 501(c)(3) organization that is able to receive year-end, tax-deductible contributions. Yes. If you feel led to make a year-end gift to help save more lives in 2012 and beyond, visit: