Even as we’ve been aggressively working behind the scenes preparing for this fall’s 40 Days for Life campaign, people have been pounding us non-stop with e-mails, wanting to register NOW so they can get started…
…In fact, more than 500 cities have already expressed an interest in joining the fall 2008 campaign!
Now, I fully realize that some of these cities may not actually go through with it, but based on early indications, this fall’s 40 Days for Life promises to be the largest and longest grassroots pro-life mobilization in history.
Based on the questions coming in — as well as the feedback from the 139 cities that have previously conducted 40 Days for Life campaigns — we’ve decided to give you a lot of information, tools, and training BEFORE registrations to help you:
- Discover what 40 Days for Life is, and the measurable results it has generated
- Decide if 40 Days for Life is right for you and your community
- Discern your personal role in this fall’s 40 Days for Life campaign
- Get others excited and involved
- Plan for community-wide prayer and fasting
- Prepare for a successful prayer vigil at a Planned Parenthood or other abortion center
- Gear up for highly effective community outreach efforts
- Assess what a successful local 40 Days for Life might cost — in terms of time and money
- Expand the effectiveness of pro-life efforts in your town, saving many more lives!
The fall campaign will be held from SEPTEMBER 24 THROUGH NOVEMBER 2, ending the Sunday before America goes to the polls to elect new national leaders — a crucial time for people of faith and conscience to join together in a massive, unified effort of prayer, fasting and peaceful action.
The registration period for the fall 40 Days for Life will begin in mid-July — sign-ups are tentatively scheduled to begin on July 16.
One of the biggest things past campaign leaders told us they needed was more time to prepare.
Well, we listened.
To help you prepare effectively, over these next few weeks we’ll be sending you a number of short, focused pre-registration training materials including:
- Multimedia presentations
- Downloadable training guides
- Planning checklists
- Printable materials
By the time registrations begin, you will have already had time to test the waters and ensure that 40 Days for Life is a good fit for your community BEFORE making any commitment.
And you will have the tools and training you need to prepare for an even more successful campaign.
It’s going to be an exciting journey over these next few weeks, and I can’t wait to get started!
Yours for Life,
National Campaign Director
40 Days for Life
P.S.- We want to make sure we answer as many of your questions as possible prior to beginning registrations. If you have ANY question at all about this fall’s 40 Days for Life, please post it as a reply at the bottom of this blog posting.