Two weeks from today, 40 Days for Life kicks off all across America, and the tide is FINALLY turning in our favor.
Here’s what abortion advocate and former mayor of New York City, Ed Koch, had to say — just eight days ago — about what’s at stake this fall:
“I predict that the outcome of the presidential election will depend not on the economy, not on the Iraq war, not on the price of gasoline or the issue of national health insurance, but on the issue of the right to abortion.”
The abortion industry is shifting into panic mode.
Cecile Richards, President of Planned Parenthood, said about pro-life developments of the last few weeks, “I’m still having trouble expressing the depth of my anger.”
Planned Parenthood is also now aware that more than 75 of its facilities will be the focus of 40 Days for Life campaigns this fall — and the abortion giant has already announced that it will be launching a campaign in an attempt to counter the impact of 40 Days for Life!
In a fundraising pitch to abortion advocates around the country, Richards said, “I recognize that everything for us is at stake.”
You know what? She is absolutely RIGHT.
As more than 170 cities across 45 states prepare to launch focused 40 Days for Life campaigns, abortion numbers are down nationwide and abortion is at the top of the news and in the forefront of the political debate…
…But there’s even more breaking news that is coming to light!
Numerous states are now on the verge of becoming abortion-free:
- Abortion numbers have dropped so significantly that eight states are now down to only one or two remaining abortion centers
- This fall, 40 Days for Life vigils will take place at the last remaining abortion centers in NORTH DAKOTA and MISSISSIPPI, states which each have only ONE remaining abortion facility
- This fall, 40 Days for Life vigils will also be held outside the doors of the last two abortion facilities in NEBRASKA and the last two in KENTUCKY
- In Nebraska, abortions are down 50 percent since their peak in 1990, according to a new report from the University of Nebraska.
- Immediately following the 40 Days for Life campaigns held outside their doors this past spring, the Lincoln, Nebraska Planned Parenthood facility stopped performing abortions for eight consecutive weeks and the Council Bluffs, Iowa Planned Parenthood — which targets the metropolitan Omaha area — ceased abortions and has not resumed them for more than 22 weeks.
And here’s one more exciting development…
SOUTH DAKOTA, another state with only ONE remaining abortion facility — and the state that was able to temporarily halt abortions in July following the passage of its strong informed consent law — is right now in the midst of an effort to virtually ban abortion!
If passed, this would be the first law of its type that has a very real chance of overturning the unjust Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision that imposed abortion on America in 1973.
Which will be the first abortion-free state in America?
Only God knows, but it sure is shaping up to be an amazing fall!
National Campaign Director
40 Days for Life