Hundreds of pro-life advocates from dozens of states are already making plans to travel to Bryan/College Station, Texas for BREAKTHROUGH 09.07.13 – the September 7 celebration of the most historic abortion center closure in the 40 years of legalized abortion in the United States.
The celebration, which was first announced late last week, is set for Saturday, September 7 from 10 AM to noon in the public right-of-way outside the closed Planned Parenthood abortion center at 4112 East 29th Street in Bryan, Texas.
David Bereit, national director of 40 Days for Life, said, “The announcement that Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, Inc. was shutting down its controversial abortion center in Bryan/College Station generated widespread excitement due to its significance as an epicenter of the American abortion debate. This is a turning point in the struggle to end the injustice of abortion across our nation.”
The Planned Parenthood abortion center in Bryan/College Station has gained nationwide attention:
- Site of the first-ever 40 Days for Life campaign in 2004, an effort that has since grown into a worldwide pro-life mobilization of 575,000 volunteers in 501 cities around the globe; those volunteers have witnessed 7,536 babies saved from abortion, 39 abortion centers closed, and 83 workers quitting their jobs in the abortion industry
- Place where former abortion center director and Planned Parenthood employee of the year Abby Johnson experienced a conversion, quit her job, and became an outspoken pro-life advocate, going on to found And Then There Were None, a new ministry which has since helped 77 other workers to leave the abortion industry over the last year
- Impetus for the formation of the Coalition for Life, the grassroots organization which Planned Parenthood credited for making the community “the most anti-choice place in the nation,” and responsible for what Planned Parenthood described as its “most consistent and active” opposition in the nation
In addition to Bereit, speakers at the event will include:
- Lauren Gulde, founder of the local Coalition for Life
- Marilisa Carney, former director of the Coalition for Life
- Shawn Carney, campaign director of 40 Days for Life
- Abby Johnson, former director of the Bryan/College Station Planned Parenthood abortion center who became a pro-life advocate
- Bobby Reynoso, executive director of the Coalition for Life
You can RSVP to attend the free celebration event online.