So many amazing things are happening right now that I don’t know where to start!
I’m writing to you from an airplane while flying home from Phoenix, Arizona, where I spoke Friday and Saturday at the Arizona Right to Life state conference. It was a motivating event!
In addition to the presentations delivered at the conference, I also gave a brand-new talk to the Respect Life coordinators for the Diocese of Phoenix at a luncheon on Friday.
While praying about what to share with this group of faithful leaders, I felt led to share some things I’ve never publicly talked about before…
…Including what happened to me last Thursday on the floor of the House of Representatives chamber at the U.S. Capitol…
…And a life-altering experience I had at a former abortion facility in Michigan during the first 40 Days for Life back in 2004.
To be honest, I was a bit worried about how this talk would be received — especially since I was sharing some deeply personal experiences that have transformed my life and work.
Thankfully, the feedback was beyond anything I could have possibly hoped for, and I was thrilled that the entire talk was recorded so I could share it with you.
Here it is…
Listen Online Now (click “Play” button to start audio):
Download MP3 (click to play, right-click to save to your computer):
Take a quick listen, and then leave a reply below to let me know what you think!
I am in complete awe of the unprecedented level of pro-life activity that is stirring all across America and Canada as more than 170 cities actively gear up for this fall’s 40 Days for Life campaign — at a crucial time when abortion is back at the top of the news headlines and in the forefront of the heated political debate.
We’ve also learned of many other organizations now joining in 40 Days for Life’s call for nationwide prayer, fasting, and action:
- The Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the SOUTHERN BAPTIST CONVENTION has joined the call, asking all believers to unite together in the September 24 – November 2 season of prayer and fasting
- STOP PLANNED PARENTHOOD, encouraged by the fact that more than 75 of the 40 Days for Life campaigns will focus on Planned Parenthood centers, is rallying its network of activists around the country to join the effort
- STUDENTS FOR LIFE OF AMERICA is asking its 400+ college pro-life groups to take part in 40 Days for Life campaigns, and has activated ten field agents who are traveling from campus to campus rallying excited pro-life students
- AMERICAN LIFE LEAGUE is actively encouraging its affiliate groups around the country to take part in 40 Days for Life efforts
- Numerous post-abortion awareness and recovery ministries, including SILENT NO MORE AWARENESS, RACHEL’S VINEYARD, OPERATION OUTCRY, and ABORTION RECOVERY INTERNATIONAL are partnering with 40 Days for Life to help bring healing to many of those who have been wounded by abortion
- PRIESTS FOR LIFE is sending out its entire ministry team to travel across country all fall, mobilizing networks of people and building momentum through visits to dozens of the local 40 Days for Life campaigns
- BOUND4LIFE is mobilizing its 165 chapters across America to join the 40 day initiative and is assembling a prayer team that will hold a non-stop vigil 24 hours a day for each of the 40 days outside the U.S. Supreme Court
- To coincide with the kickoff of 40 Days for Life, the EWTN GLOBAL TELEVISION NETWORK will be airing a world-premiere show in millions of homes on Sunday, September 21, at 9 PM Eastern (6 PM Pacific) calling for 40 Days for Life involvement. See: http://www.beinghumanshow.com
- More than 20 CATHOLIC BISHOPS, ARCHBISHOPS, and CARDINALS have now endorsed 40 Days for Life and encouraged the faithful in their dioceses to participate
- We’re hearing from KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS councils from coast-to-coast that are challenging their knights to “speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves” through active participation in 40 Days for Life
- THE CALL is mobilizing its network of prayer warriors across the globe for massive, unified prayer and fasting from September 24 until November 2, ending with a huge stadium event in San Diego, California.
There are many more, but you get the idea…
…This fall is not only going to be the largest and longest coordinated pro-life mobilization in history, it could also be one of the largest unified 40-day seasons of prayer and fasting in North America during our lifetime.
Who would have ever believed that this would go from one simple idea to a worldwide movement — in just ONE YEAR…
…But, by the grace of God, it has.
And YOU can help shape history by participating!
If you haven’t already, take a moment right now to find the 40 Days for Life location nearest to you and sign up for local e-mail updates so you can take part in this historic initiative:
Let’s pray and work together to ensure that 2008 is forever remembered as the year that marked the beginning of the end of abortion!
Yours for LIFE,
National Campaign Director
40 Days for Life
P.S.- Over the coming days, we are going to let you know about several key pro-life initiatives that are happening across the country and how you can pray and make a difference in these decisive battles. This is an exciting time!