The mission of the 40 Days for Life campaign is to bring together the Body of Christ in a spirit of unity during a focused 40 day campaign of prayer, fasting, and peaceful witness, with the purpose of repentance, to seek God’s favor to turn hearts and minds from a culture of death to a culture of life, thus bringing an end to abortion in North America and around the world. In short, our mission is to bring people together to prayerfully petition God to change hearts and to save lives.
We pray globally and act locally.
One of the strengths of 40 Days for Life is its simplicity. The campaign is made up of three key components:
- Daily Prayer and Fasting: inviting people of faith throughout our city and across the country to join together for 40 days of fervent prayer and fasting for an end to abortion;
- Peaceful Prayer Vigil: standing for life through a 40-day peaceful public witness outside the local abortion mill;
- Community Outreach: taking a positive, upbeat pro-life message to every corner of our city through media efforts, church and school outreach, petition drives, and public visibility.
RESULTS: There are many potential benefits that our community could experience:
- Reduce abortion rates – by 15%… 20%… 25%… Or more!
- Recruit and mobilize hundreds – perhaps even thousands – of new people into effective, life-saving efforts
- Lead post-abortive women – and men – into proven and effective healing programs
- Develop dynamic new leaders to increase the future impact of pro-life efforts
- Bring churches together in an historic display of Christian unity and action
- Generate enormous "buzz" by getting prominent pro-life news coverage – even from biased media outlets
- Increase local financial support for pro-life efforts
- Make the sanctity of human life a crucial issue throughout our community and in upcoming local, state and national elections
All of these results have actually been realized in other communities, and – with God’s help – could happen here in our town as well.
God has used the period of 40 days throughout history to bring about major transformation…
- Noah experienced transformation during 40 days of rain
- Moses was transformed by 40 days on Mount Sinai
- David was transformed by Goliath’s 40 day challenge
- Elijah was transformed when God gave him 40 days of strength from one meal
- Nineveh was transformed when God gave the city 40 days to remain faithful
- Jesus transformed the world following His 40 days in the desert
- The disciples were transformed after spending 40 days with Jesus following His resurrection NATIONAL UNITY
NATIONAL UNITY: There are numerous advantages to holding 40 Days for Life campaigns in many areas at the same time.
* National unity is fostered as cities and towns join together for this initiative.
* Our city will have a network of support from other communities that are engaged in the same activity concurrently.
* Better coordination and training will be available since all participating communities are at the same stage at the same time.
* The national media will stand up and take notice when many cities are generating local news coverage during one focused period.
* The costs of conducting a local campaign will be significantly reduced by sharing resources across all participating communities.
* The abortion industry will have a difficult time defending itself when it is besieged with prayer on many fronts simultaneously.
* The positive results experienced during the 40 days build strong momentum which leads to involvement long after the campaign.
TAKE A STAND FOR LIFE
The results of the 40 Day Campaigns have been outstanding with hundreds of mother and their babies being rescued from despair and death.
But the Campaign really depends on you and your willingness to stand up for what's right and be counted. That's why you need to get involved and join us in praying and witnessing to the dignity and worth of every human life at the place where it is attacked the most: at your local abortion mill.
Join us in this campaign. Help us save more lives. And, eventually, by God's grace and with enough prayer, fasting, peaceful witnessing, and plenty of courage, we can rid our culture of the scourge of abortion forever!
What will God accomplish when people of faith across our community and throughout our nation unite for 40 days of prayer and fasting, pulling out all the stops to end the violence of abortion? We don’t know, but we’re sure excited to find out.