You’ve never seen anything like this from the abortion industry.
In this unprecedented debate, the head of the United Kingdom’s leading abortion provider admits life begins at conception and the reality that abortion is killing among other things.
She goes on to say she’s “proud” her organization performs nearly 70,000 abortions a year.
It was a stunning claim. But it was far from the most surprising admission British Pregnancy Advisory Service (BPAS) CEO Ann Furedi made in a radio debate with 40 Days for Life Director of Outreach Sue Thayer earlier this month.
Here are Furedi’s five most astonishing admissions from the debate:
5. Of course, life begins at conception…but you can still kill it: “I, too, believe that from the time an egg is fertilized that a human life is there…and that unique life is wonderful and is marvelous…but the point is…it’s really about who makes the decision about how that life is valued…in relation to other things.”
4. Women have abortions when they feel they don’t have a choice: “No woman ever exercises the right to abortion [like] the right to vote…[They] do it because they don’t think they have any other answer.”
3. Abortion ends a baby’s life: “[W]omen come to us knowing they are going to have a baby if they don’t have an abortion. That is what is growing inside them.”
2. Late-term abortion is gruesome: “It is horrible. There is no doubt about it…You look at the remains following a late-term abortion, and it is grim. But it’s completely put into a different light by the conversations…about why the women…are going through that procedure.”
…and the most shocking quote from BPAS CEO Ann Furedi:
1. It’s bad news when a child survives an attempted abortion: “The point of an abortion is to end the pregnancy without there being a live birth. A live birth is not a good result. It really isn’t…”
Click here to watch the full debate: https://youtu.be/mMcM1pCHUAg
These quotes are disturbing and they’re a reminder of what we’re up against. They should move us to take action.
Two weeks from tomorrow, the March 6 – April 14 40 Days for Life campaign begins in 377 cities around the world. Find the vigil closest to you and pray for abortion to end where you live.