A late-term abortion facility has quit providing abortions, citing… …the presence outside! As she prepared for this fall’s 40 Days for Life campaign, Renée in Champaign, Illinois noticed that the local late-term abortion center no longer listed “abortion services” on...
You don’t need me to tell you the mainstream media isn’t pro-life. From the blackout on coverage of the annual March for Life, to the refusal to cover the trial of abortionist and serial killer Kermit Gosnell, to the filth...
Each 40 Days for Life campaign, I look forward to getting that first report of a baby saved from abortion. I didn’t have to wait long. The first saved baby report came from Nashville, Tennessee, where a prayer volunteer received...
Here we go! 40 Days for Life starts TODAY in a record 415 cities… …and we already have our first report of an abortion worker converting and leaving her job! (More on this in a moment.) But first, a mother...
Are you ready? The largest 40 Days for Life campaign in history starts TOMORROW in 415 cities! I was recently joined by Congressman Kevin Brady, chairman of the House of Representatives Ways and Means Committee, at the Houston vigil site….
Topics We Cover On This Episode
- [1:00] How you can join the upcoming 40 Days for Life Campaign
- [3:36] Steve and Robert join Shawn to offer their fasting insights
- [5:52] Why in the world should you fast?
- [9:08] Defeating the perfectionist mentality
- [10:30] How suffering draws us closer to Jesus
- [12:03] Biblical examples of fasting
- [13:37] Fasting etiquette
- [15:31] Practical ways anyone can fast
- [26:17] A powerful story on the impact of fasting
On the eve of the 40 Days for Life campaign kickoff, take an in-depth look at the other part of prayer. Fasting is a biblical and essential part of seeking God. This is especially true with regard to praying for the lives of the unborn. On this episode of the 40 Days for Life Podcast, Shawn, Steve, and Robert discuss the whys and hows of spiritual fasting so that you can be ready for the upcoming campaign.
It’s been a busy summer and an even busier last few weeks… …today I’m in Boston kicking off the largest 40 Days for Life campaign ever, which starts on September 26 in 415 cities. It’s busy and it should be...
Amazon heard you loud and clear — thank you!!! After Amazon underestimated your response to the book and ran out, your ratings and reviews of The Beginning of the End of Abortion got their attention. Not only did you help...
***SHARE THIS POST WITH EVERYONE YOU KNOW*** Your prayers, fasting, sweat, and sacrifice to save babies and change hearts on abortion in your community… …ARE GOING TO THE BIG SCREEN! For years I’ve been working with the writers of God’s...
Topics We Cover On This Episode
- [1:15] How you can join the upcoming 40 Days for Life Campaign
- [2:40] Who is Fr. Drew Olson?
- [3:43] How Fr. Drew got his call to ministry at a 40 Days for Life prayer vigil
- [8:08] Finding fruitfulness in the midst of hopelessness
- [11:17] Practical tips to hear the voice of God and deal with distraction
- [16:37] The role of silence as a spiritual discipline
- [18:27] Experiencing the voice of God
- [20:43] The connection between prayer and saving lives
- [23:19] Why should we pray if God is sovereign?
- [24:14] Facing overwhelming darkness
- [25:34] Practical tips for fasting and how it makes a difference
Many people would say that one of the greatest struggles in their Christian walk is learning how to hear the voice of God. Our world moves at such a deafening pace that slowing down enough to hear what the Lord is saying seems like an impossible task. However on this episode of the 40 Days for Life Podcast you will learn how our guest Fr. Drew Olson’s decision to slow down and pray at a 40 Days for Life vigil led to a life-long call to ministry and a passion for the pro-life movement. Fr. Drew also has some incredible insights into the power of prayer and how you can engage God right where you’re at.